Terms of Appointment
The University of Arizona President's Postdoctoral Fellowship Program awards postdoctoral fellowships annually in all fields for research conducted under faculty sponsorship. The annual award includes the following:
- Annual salary of $60,000 (base salary may be supplemented by the department, as appropriate)
- Research stipend of $5,000
- Professional Development stipend of $3,000
- Start-up costs of $3,000
- Moving stipend of $3,000
- Outstanding UA benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays
Please note: It is expected that departments and faculty mentors will make appropriate arrangements for office space and other necessary resources.
Presidential Postdocs are awarded for a 12-month period. A renewal of the fellowship for an additional 12-month term will be granted upon demonstration of academic productivity and participation in program events. All renewal terms will terminate twelve months after the renewal date. If an awardee has received an offer for a tenure track faculty position at the time of selection or has other postdoctoral fellowship awards, the fellowship maybe awarded for one year, without renewal.
President's Postdoctoral Fellows are expected to:
- Establish residence and participate in academic life at The University of Arizona campus
- Focus full-time on research and avoid other commitments such as teaching or additional employment
- Meet regularly with their faculty mentor
- Attend the PPFP professional development programs